Your Clayton library card lets you borrow mobile hotspots and Chromebooks wherever you go.
Rules for Borrowing
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years old and have a HEML library card in good standing.
- Only one technology item may be checked out at a time per household.
- Items can be borrowed for 21 days, no renewals.
- Technology items may be placed on hold.
- Borrowers are required to read, understand, and sign the technology agreement.
- Hotspots are deactivated if overdue.
- All technology must be returned to the circulation desk, not the book drop. A $10 fee will be applied to items returned in the book drop.
- If lost, damaged, missing pieces, or returned late, fees may be applied.
Review our Technology Lending Policy for full details.
Verizon Orbic Speed Mobile Hotspot
Our mobile hotspots offer a secure and reliable Wi-Fi connection wherever you may be. Up to 10 devices can be connected to this hotspot at a time.
Instructions for using the hotspot are included with each device at check out. If you need assistance, please contact us or call Verizon customer service at 1-800-922-0204.
This lightweight computer has the ability to connect to mobile data and wi-fi. Equipped with an HD camera for video chatting as well as USB and USB-C ports.
Instructions for using the Chromebook are included with each device at check out. If you need assistance, please contact us or call Verizon customer service at 1-800-922-0204.
The technology for this project was purchased with grant funds from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), administered by the State library of North Carolina (LS-250229-OLS-21).