Det. Captain J.L. Gerrell with seized drugs
After responding to a call about a fight in the area yesterday, Clayton Police Officers developed information which indicated the presence of illegal drugs at 501 Boling Street. Detectives then executed a search warrant late yesterday afternoon at 501 Boling Street, the residence of Christopher Scott Hilliard (age 24). The search resulted in the seizure of over 7 ½ pounds of marijuana.
Mr. Hilliard was arrested by Det. Bill Kilpatrick and charged with:
- Felony Possession of Marijuana
- Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver Marijuana
- Maintaining a Dwelling to Keep Controlled Substances
- Possession of Schedule 1 Controlled Substance - MDMA (Methylenedioxymethamphetamine) known as “Ecstasy”
- Manufacturing Marijuana
- Possession of Schedule 2 Controlled Substance - Hydrocodone (misdemeanor)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (misdemeanor)
All charges are felonies unless otherwise noted. The “Ecstasy” and Hydrocodone were in small quantity.
The marijuana seized was a higher-grade product called “Hydro”. Marijuana that is grown indoors using a hydroponics system (tubes and filters with water and fertilizers instead of soil) is called “Hydro.” Detectives estimate the street value of the seized drugs to be more than $40,000.00.
Mr. Hilliard was confined in the Johnston County Detention Center in lieu of $51,500.00 secured bond.